- Primary duties are to ensure the health, well-being, education, development and safety of the child.
- Comply with parents’ discipline philosophy and child-rearing preferences. Nanny is to treat children with kindness and respect. Discipline guidelines will be provided.
- To provide care and have responsibility for employers’ child, while on duty as their childcare provider. This includes providing healthy meals, keeping the child’s clothing and toys clean and tidy.
- Maintain a cheerful and helpful attitude while with the child
- Promote feelings of security and warmth by planning time daily with the child
- Responsible for providing healthy meals according to parents’ guidelines. Some assistance with preparation of family dinner may be requested.
- Limited time on cell phone or phone (only in cases of emergency or important personal business)
- Visitors are not allowed while working unless pre-approved by parents
- 10+ years’ experience in childcare settings (day care center, nursery, babysitting, nanny, etc.)
- Understanding of child psychology and stages of development
- Certification in infant and child first aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Ability to pass a background check and drug screening
- Absolute confidentiality and discretion on all matters
- Reliable mode of transportation required
- Non-smoker and non-drinker
- Pet friendly
Compensation is open and based on experience. Start date is August 2018 but family is open to starting Nanny sooner if needed. To apply or for more details, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.