Chicago entrepreneur seeks an entry-level assistant for both personal and executive duties. The ideal candidate is incredibly articulate, professional, and eager to wear many hats/act as a sort of gatekeeper. The assistant should be very detail oriented and be a quick thinker--someone who has impeccable follow through and can anticipate an employer's needs without needing a lot of direction. Assistant must be very Internet/Computer savvy and be versed with using a Blackberry. A car is not needed but a valid driver's license with clean driving record required.
Duties include but not limited to:
- Answering phones
- Drafting email correspondence
- Running errands, such as grocery shopping, car maintenance, dry cleaning, post office, etc
- Hiring household staff, such as housekeeper
- Coordinating schedule for business and personal
- Arranging reservations, travel bookings, and appointments
- Event planning and execution--such as overseeing vendors, invitations, etc
The schedule is Monday-Friday full-time, with occasional weekend availability if needed. Candidate will be based in the office but frequently working at employer's home nearby. Small office environment but Employer's business is growing at a rapid rate, and this is an incredible opportunity for hands on learning. This is NOT a position for the short-term--this is for someone who is eager to be an assistant for many years to come and who is looking to grow with a company/individual.
Salary is $30,000-$35,000/year plus flexible vacation policy, as well as medical benefits if needed. Generous raise/bonus based upon performance and again--great opportunity to grow with this employer.