Client looking for a full-time, long-term traveling Caregiver/Registered Nurse (RN) to plan, organize and facilitate all necessary in-home medical & health services for a retired male living with his wife. The couple split their time between Chicago, IL and Rancho Mirage, CA. The RN will travel and relocate alongside the couple and be responsible for managing all in-home medical care and support staff.
This is a full-time position and coverage is required for 40-50 hours/week, typically Monday-Friday but flexibility needed for on-call rotations when required. The living schedule will be: June-October the clients live in Chicago and November-June the clients live in Rancho Mirage.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Develop and document a “Plan of Care” for the client in collaboration with his doctors and health care providers.
- Conduct a daily routine of health assessments and treatments as prescribed by client’s doctors. Take vitals (pulse, blood pressure, and blood 02.) Check-in routinely with the client to see how he is feeling and consistently monitor his condition, mood and well-being throughout the day.
- Organize and administer prescribed medications, oxygen and health supplements. Operate & maintain CPAP machine. Order supplies and call-in prescriptions as necessary.
- Provide client with assistance dressing. Assist client with wheelchair and walker. Client may eventually need help with bathroom/bathing but is currently handling without the need of assistance.
- Maintain a complete online medical log that outlines the client’s plan of care, documents the special protocols for anyone taking his blood, records daily vitals, medications taken, meal consumption, sleep, mood and well-being. Keep a complete current list and detailed history of all medications and dosages.
- Schedule and accompany clients to all medical and dental appointments. Meet with doctors and health care providers to fully understand conditions and prescribed treatment plans. Communicate client’s needs and report any changes in his condition. Obtain and receive doctor’s orders. Disseminate information and necessary updates between client’s doctors in Chicago, Rancho Mirage and Pasadena and the client’s extended family.
- Manage, schedule and evaluate the evening and weekend in-home medical support staff. Adjust routines, roles and schedules as prescribed by doctors and when necessary changes are required.
- Reconcile and categorize work related expenses.
Salary and benefits offered:
- Competitive annual salary, eligible for discretionary annual performance based bonus
- Medical & Dental insurance
- PTO: 4 weeks (20 days) vacation. Observed holidays include New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas Day (Holiday rate applicable if required to work holiday.)
- Mileage reimbursement at federal rate when required to use personal car
- Housing provided when stationed in Rancho Mirage, CA
- Vehicle provided when stationed in Rancho Mirage, CA
- Phone allowance or client will provide a work cell phone
- When stationed outside of Chicago, two coach round trip airline tickets will be provided per month for personal guests to visit.
All applicants must be a Registered nurse with current license to practice professional nursing in California and Illinois. Candidates must have a minimum of 2 years of experience, preferably in home care or hospice nursing. Must be able to lift, position or transfer client, as well as lift supplies and equipment. Must have a current valid drivers license, current CPR certification and the ability to pass a comprehensive background and credit check. To apply and for additional details please e-mail resume to Mallory@alteregoconcierge.com