Full Time Nanny/House Manager needed to support a working mother with two children in Chicago, IL. Schedule requires flexibility but Nanny will work Thursdays and Fridays every week in addition to 3 floating days (weekday or weekend, which will vary based on employer’s travel schedule). Ideal candidate is passionate about working with children, interested in child development (early child education background a plus), a team player, detail-oriented, full of energy and is willing to help out in all aspects of the home. Applicants should be receptive to feedback but also able to work autonomously.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide care, supervision and safety of the children above all other responsibilities.
- Tend to the children’s basic needs.
- Use Employee’s automobile to drive children to activities and events. Mileage will be reimbursed to Employee bi-monthly in accordance with current standard rate. Employee must submit mileage to Employer each week. Employee to maintain valid driver’s license and insurance.
- Prepare healthy snacks and meals for the children; clean up kitchen and dining table when completed.
- Keep children’s bedroom, children’s bathroom and other family play areas (e.g. family room, basement, kitchen) clean and organized (e.g. put away and organize clothes and toys, clean and disinfect toys as needed, make the bed, wipe down surfaces/countertops, sweep floor after meals as needed, etc.)
- Grocery and general shopping for all the children’s needs.
- Arrange, supervise and participate in daily activities with the children, which include: games, walks, play-dates, playground visits, educational outings, classes and reading.
- Proactively research, plan and take children to activities (e.g. outings, classes, play groups, play-dates, organized activities) that have child development, social relationship skills and educational value, as agreed with Employer.
- Engage other nannies and moms to promote play-dates and activities for the children, as agreed with Employer. Coordinate/participate in carpools and activity planning.
- Consistently comply with parent’s discipline and child rearing preferences.
- Confer with Employer about special problems, new skills and day's activities to ensure parent is updated on the children's development and daytime life.
- Keep a daily journal/log with a narrative of the children’s meals, medication and activities.
- Light housekeeping related to children.
- Be an active participant with neighborhood parents and school activities.
- Monitor and report on school website weekly.
- Logistics manager for children’s calendar and activities.
- Maintain updated First Aid and CPR certification. Employer to reimburse Employee for recertification classes as needed.
In addition, the following House Management duties may include:
- Organizing closets
- Answering the door/phone and greeting guests, sign for packages, etc.
- Watering flowers
- Preparing light meals and keeping fresh foods stocked
- Grocery shopping and maintaining household inventory (toiletries, cleaning supplies, etc.)
- Running errands such as post office, drugstore, etc.
- Purchase and wrap gifts; mail or deliver when needed
- Assist with research projects and management (i.e.: vendor recommendations, repairs, etc.)
All candidates must be legal to work in the US, speak English, have strong written and oral communication skills, a valid driver's license and own reliable vehicle, and have 3+ years of private home experience. Compensation is commensurate with experience; start date is as soon as possible, but client is flexible for the right candidate. To apply or for more details, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Start date is September 2018.