Carpenter needed for full-time position in the north suburbs of Chicago, IL (Libertyville). Primary purpose of this position is to provide assistance in maintaining all buildings on a private estate. The Carpenter will work under guided supervision to cut, fabricate, and install wooden and other structures. The property consists of various homes and farm buildings.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Assist the Estate Manager with the creation and maintenance of wooden and other types of structures.
- Assist with projects, which include siding, window installation, and building doors along with occasional custom pieces.
- Reading blueprints or interpreting managers requests and providing mock-ups (if necessary) prior to commencing a project.
- Working knowledge of wood properties and other carpentry materials, as well as a basic understanding of HVAC, plumbing, and electric.
- Must have an eye for detail, and great hand dexterity.
- Possess an understanding of technology, and a willingness to
learn household systems.
Schedule is full-time, Monday-Friday, from 7:30am-4:30pm. The ideal candidate is looking to make a long term commitment, shows initiative and takes pride in his/her work, is flexible, a team player who is comfortable working with other staff members, and maintains the utmost discretion and confidentiality at all timesTop salary (commensurate with experience) and benefits package included. Please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply or for more details. Start date is as soon as possible, but Principals are currently accepting applications and interviewing within 2-4 weeks.