Human Resources/Payroll Manager needed for private company in Elgin, IL. This position provides expertise in all Human Resources employee relations, policies, benefits and procedures. The HR/Payroll Manager will plan, direct, and coordinate in the areas of employee relations, policy and procedure administration, compensation, communication, implementation of policies, recruitment, and other HR duties as assigned. The position is also responsible for the Payroll and will assume responsibility for the administration of the company’s time & attendance and payroll systems. The HR/Payroll Manager will plan, direct, and coordinate in the areas payroll taxes, record-keeping and reporting. The HR/Payroll Manager will assist and report directly to the CFO.
- Coordinate and enhance the relationship with employees and management to communicate various human resource policies, procedures, laws, standards and government regulations
- Coach, counsel and guide the process of employee disciplinary actions or terminations. Provides advice and counsel on personnel issues.
- Plan administrator for employee benefits (401k, medical, dental, visions, life). Including enrollment, termination and open enrollment meetings.
- Conducts needs assessment, develops training curriculum and conducts training sessions on various HR topics
- Coordinates recruiting, interviewing, selection and onboarding process for new hires.
- Conducts new hire orientation
- Manage Workers Compensation program and claims, FMLA, and personal leave information
- Prepare responses and participates in unemployment charges
- Responsible for the maintenance of confidential personnel files
- Provide support in business and employee policy and procedure administration
- Process separation of employment paperwork and manage exit interview process
- Conduct investigations into workplace matters, requiring confidentiality, impartiality and sensitivity
- Responsible for data entry and running reports in HR database weekly and monthly
- Respond to employee questions and concerns regarding benefits and all other general HR related questions.
- Works closely with department managers and completes additional projects and tasks as assigned
- First point of contact for employees for time & attendance and payroll.
- Performs all activities necessary to process payrolls (weekly, bi-weekly, semi-monthly), including maintaining related records
- Enters and maintains integrity of data in the Company’s payroll/benefit/HR software including new hires, changes, and terminations.
- Processes voluntary and involuntary deductions such as child support, levies and garnishments
- Miscellaneous duties including employment verification's, unemployment wage requests, unclaimed check reporting, and filing.
- Possession of a Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Human Resources Management or related field or a 4 year combination of education and experience.
- Prior experience with Paylocity preferred.
- Five to seven years of experience at an HR administrative level
- Working knowledge of applicable HR and payroll federal, state, and labor laws
- A professional presence with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Project a positive company image at all times and work with co-workers as a team to ensure success. Confidence to interact with all levels of management
- Ability to work with a geographically and culturally diverse team
- Ability to work multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to exercise initiative, sound judgment, integrity, and consistency
- Ability to maintain highest level of confidentiality and integrity
- Ability to foster cooperative team environment and open communication
- Self-starter who can organize and prioritize; work under steady pressure with frequent interruptions.
- Experience in handling and safeguarding sensitive and confidential information.
- Proficient in Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
To apply or for more details, please email your resume to email@example.com.