Private Foundation in Chicago, IL is seeking a detail-minded Executive Assistant/Grants Manager to assist Executive Director in furthering the Foundation’s mission. The Executive Assistant provides administrative, programmatic and organizational support to the Foundation. This position is responsible for the efficient operations of the grants administration and coordination with the family offices. This individual will initiate projects pertaining to the management of the grant making process as well as assist in the day-to-day operations of the office, including maintain office systems, structures and procedures. This person will also assist the Executive Director with identifying current issues, and engaging in policy and research initiatives relating to grantees and to the Foundation’s focus areas.
Sense of humor, adaptable and can juggle multiple tasks at once
Strong analytic skills, organizational and problem-solving ability
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Ability to research and evaluate programs and initiatives
Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
Highly organized and able to balance a variety of duties
Excellent computer skills, particularly with word processing software, Excel and data management systems
College degree in related field
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position will manage all components of grants processing and ensure that the day-to-day operations of the family foundation office are executed effectively. Further, this individual will conduct research into policy and program-related models and practices. At times, this individual will undertake special projects as assigned or initiated.
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT (50% of time):
1. Schedule, coordinate, and handle meeting preparation and follow-up
2. Manage logistics for board and foundation meetings, including board book preparation and production.
3. Prepare expense reports.
4. Field phone calls and emails and other general administrative tasks.
5. Arrange occasional travel for Executive Director.
6. Actively manage and update website
7. Oversee management of filing systems, including procedures for file set-up, organization and management.
8. Work directly with IT personnel to address all information technology needs.
9. Ensure that all equipment is properly serviced and maintained.
10. Ensure that there is an adequate stock of office supplies on hand at all times; place order when necessary.
GRANTS ADMINISTRATION (50% of time):
1. Prepare all award letters, discretionary and challenge grant agreements, declination and invitation letters. Complete and process grant and challenge grant paperwork. Verify information with family offices.
2. Update Executive Director on status of reports, multi-year grants, grantee organizational changes, and fulfillment of all grant contingencies on a quarterly basis. Tickler and follow-up on all late reports.
3. With family office, develop and generate reports for board book presentations and to inform grant-making activities.
4. Ensure that all required grant application attachments are received and available for grant reviews.
5. Assist as needed with board-book write ups and research.
6. Assist Executive Director in preparing proposal reviews, conducting site visits and due diligence as needed.
7. Draft and update grants management policies and procedures as needed.
8. Assist with the development of program priorities and policy initiatives and establish linkages with related efforts.
9. Participate in the design and ongoing review of the Foundation’s strategic plan.
10. Conduct other research-related projects as needed
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com for review. Applicants must have a minimum of 2 years of experience in an administrative or similar role.